This morning at 5.00 am, a magnitude 6.5 earthquake shook Pidie Jaya District, Aceh Province. The epicentre is located at 5.25 N and 96.24 E on the ground, 106 km Southeast of Banda Aceh at a depth of 15 km. This earthquake was caused by the active faults Samalanga-Sipopok spreading from Southwest to Northeast. A number of infrastructure damages were reported post the earthquake.
Currently, no building data in the affected region (Pidie, Pidie Jaya and Bireuen) found in OpenStreetMap, and only a few road networks have been mapped to speed up humanitarian aid delivery process.
Help map Pidie!
Steps and guideline to map, please check Instructions.
- Entities to Map
- bangunan, jaringan jalan (primer, sekunder, tersier, permukiman), area permukiman
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-178 #pidie
What to Map?
Volunteers are asked to map buildings, roads, and settlement area. If there are too many features to map in a selected tile, please split the tile as necessary.
How to Contribute?
- Pick a square -- Only trace in your square.
- If there is nothing map, you can mark task as done
- If you see buildings, landuse, and roads that haven't been traced, help tracing them
- Upload, don't forget to put changset comment as described, and put "Bing" under source, mark task as done
- If you're not done, unlock task
- Pick another square and repeat from step-2
If this is your first time work with OSM and you need more detail guides/tutorials, please check these references:
7.3 Work with Tasking Manager (document page.27 - 33 )
How to Map and Tag?
- Primary road: highway=primary
- Secondary road: highway=secondary
- Tertiary road: highway=tertiary
- Road in settlement area: highway=residential
- If you are not sure the type of the road: highway=unclassified
Settlement area: landuse=residential